The complications and uncertainty caused by deposit legislation have been many and varied since that leglislation c… https://t.co/C6qxSFlxZJ
- Social Housing
- Shared Ownership & HomeBuy
Shared Ownership & HomeBuy - Social Housing
Batchelors has considerable experience in all matters relating to Shared Ownership including KeyWorker Living, Social Homebuy (as well as standard Right to Buy and Right to Acquire) and Open Market Homebuy.
We are able to advise at all stages of the legal process.
- Our Commercial Property team is able to ensure development progresses smoothly for all mixed tenure schemes.
- The Corporate team has experience in funding projects and drafting appropriate agreements.
- Our Residential Property team has specialists who can assist in plot sales including liaising with lenders over Mortgagee Protection Clauses (MPCs) and appropriate undertakings. They can also assist shared owners in subsequent disposals.
- Staircasing arrangements are also handled by our Residential Property Team including, where necessary, reverse staircasing.
- We have been involved in several high profile claims for possession against shared owners and have sought and obtained injunctions to enforce the terms of agreements.
- We also have experience of drafting appropriate and effective Shared Ownership agreements avoiding many of the pitfalls caused by the use of model agreements