Our recent experience acting for Social Landlord Employers includes:
- Advising various smaller to medium sized Housing Associations on a frequent basis in relation to disciplinary, grievance, capability or similar issues. Contentious advice tendered at both during and post employment stages. In addition, review of client's policies and procedures.
- Advising a Housing Association client throughout in relation to the reorganisation of its senior/executive management team, including the applicability of "discretionary payments" and related tax implications. The work also included the preparation, amendment and successful negotiation of Compromise Agreement terms with the employee's legal representatives.
- Advising a Housing Association in the context of a proposed restructuring as to the applicability of the TUPE Regulations, associated rights and obligations, both in relation to previously inherited staff and the proposed transfer-out of staff due to outsourcing.
- Representing and successfully concluding at an early stage of the process an Employment Tribunal claim commenced against a Housing Association alleging discrimination on the grounds of race as a result of refusal of employment. Similarly, successfully concluding an Employment Tribunal claim commenced against a Housing Association alleging unfair dismissal and/or discrimination on the grounds of race as a result of dismissal on gross misconduct grounds.
- Reviewing a Housing Association client's existing Recruitment and Equal Opportunities policies, procedures and Application Forms in light of the recent implementation of the Equality Act.